Today I joined TeamMentor development Team and there are many challenges I’ll need to face, specifically because there has been a lot of progress and a lot of learned lessons that most of the team members are familiar with. Since I just started this amazing journey (and probably future developers joining the team will have the same questions I do have now) I decided to create a Q&A section here so hopefully all the guys can help me to answer and be able to create a strong ecosystem or knowledge base that will help us.
- What is the current version of TeamMentor and how is it structured?
- What Software Development methodology is used in TeamMentor and how often we create releases or feature packs?
- Do we have documentation available (Visio documents, diagrams,design notes,architecture diagrams) about TeamMentor architecture?.
- Are there any Coding conventions that needs to be followed (naming conventions or code standards)?.
- What Version tool are we currently using for Source Version control?
- What steps needs to be followed in order to setup a Development environment for TeamMentor?
- What are the system requirements that needs to be met in order to start developing on TeamMentor?
- Do we have different test regions (development, staging, production) that can be used to reproduce or test fixes/improvements?
- What kind or user profiles(user structure) can I find in TeamMentor and what are the access levels?
- Do we have test users or generic users already created that can be used for testing purposes?
- If I find a bug or defect on TeamMentor, where should I fill the defect up and whom should I notify?
- Do we have any CodeReview tool so we can create a code review request before committing the code?
- If I wanted to learn more about the product itself, what resources should I look at?
Thanks for answering 🙂